The Mobility Centre project
The Bergamo Mobility centre project was designed to increase mobility services for citizens through the:
- Collection and distribution of mobility related information from local services and systems (e.g. restricted traffic area barriers, automatic vehicle monitoring systems, bike sharing parking columns, etc.). It is then broadcast using fixed (variable message panels, electronic information poles, etc.) and mobile (mobile phones, etc.) systems within the geographical area covered by the project;
- Monitoring of traffic conditions and regulation of vehicle flows through coordination of the Bergamo city centralised traffic light system;
- Supervision of the operation of technological equipment throughout the area and coordination of maintenance and repairs to any devices not working properly.
The Mobility Centre Project
The Bergamo Mobility Centre project involves integrating existing and planned systems with current and future services for collecting, collating and selectively broadcasting information to travellers.
The main aim is to encourage travellers to be careful and to manage congestion levels thus reducing the environmental impact.Area already active or about to become operational include the management of:
- Centralised traffic light operation
- Broadcasting of messages on electronic poles
- TPL (ATB Servizi) fleet position monitoring